Roaches- Initial Treatment
Preparation For Initial Treatment of German Cockroaches For Homes And Apartments
- Kitchen/Pantry: Containerize and remove all exposed food to tables and cover with a drop cloth, sheet, or plastic bag.
- Remove all packaged goods, dishes, pots and pans, utensils, and all other items from kitchen cabinets, drawers, pantry shelving, and under the sink. Place on tables and cover. (Cabinets and shelving must be completely emptied before treatment)
- Remove all items from countertops.
- Leave all equipment that has a motor in it and gets warm, like microwave, toaster, and coffee pot.
- Any “deep” cleaning should be done before treatment.
- Clothes Closets & Wardrobes: Place all clothes, and items on shelves and in drawers and all items from closet floors on beds and cover with a sheet.
- Utility Rooms, Furnace, Hot Water, and Storage Areas: Remove all items from shelves and cabinets.
- Bathrooms: Empty all cabinets, shelves, drawers, and under the sink. Place toiletries in plastic bags.
- Chest of Drawers, Vanity, and Bedside Tables: Empty all contents of chests and bedside tables in bedrooms and place on beds. Stack empty drawers on top of each other to facilitate treatment.
- Fish, Birds, and Animals: Remove before treatment.
- Trash Containers: Empty all trash containers before treatment and clean the inside, outside, and bottom of containers.
Note: All people and pets must vacate for a minimum of one hour during and after treatment.
It can take up to 35 days to achieve 100% control with a moderate to severe infestation.
CLEANUP AFTER INITIAL TREATMENT TREATMENT
The customer is responsible for all preparation and clean-up after the initial service. The boric acid powder is odorless and about as toxic orally as table salt You may wish to use a paper dust mask during clean-up procedures and cover any open wounds.
Hard surface floor areas should be dry mopped, remove any excess, then damped mopped. The boric acid powder will make hard surface floors very slick Be careful while cleaning floors.
There will be a light film of boric acid powder on surfaces where treatment was performed. The customer/tenant agrees to REMOVE ALL VISIBLE DEPOSITS OF BORIC ACID POWDER before children and pets are allowed to re-enter and before items are placed back in drawers and on shelving.
DO NOT USE A VACUUM CLEANER OR WET RAG to remove deposits on shelving and in drawers. USE A FEATHER DUSTER, starting at the top of the cabinets working your way down and brushing excess dust onto the floor. Once on the floor, sweep or vacuum the powder up, then damp mop hard floor surfaces so they will not be slick.
I have read and understand the above CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITIES and agree to these terms. In addition, I agree to pay a $75.00 trip charge if all the above requirements are not met and an extra trip is needed.